General Responsibilities (Chief Voluntary Operating Officer – CVOO)
Acts as the president in their absence and assists the president on their specified or other duties.
Special area of responsibility for media relations, annual general meeting, facilities and personnel.
The Vice-President is implicitly the president-elect for the following term. They will:
- Attend all board meetings
- Serve on the executive committee if one exists
- Carry out special assignments as requested by the board chair
- Understand the responsibilities of the board chair and be able to perform these duties in the chair’s absence
- Participate as a vital part of the board leadership